June 23, 2013

Small Update

Limited Internet access has left me with so much to blog about, it's a bit overwhelming. For today, I'll just add a short thought, with intentions to write much more later this week.


Since I first received a beret in a dress up kit, or even perhaps since the first time I read Madeline, I have dreamt of going to Paris and learning what made the French so cool.

After spending two short days in Paris, I am surprised by my initial answer, and yearning to experience it more.

What was first so obvious, as well as unnerving to me, was how comfortable every Parisian woman was in her own skin. The inner confidence exhibited outwardly is intense. For someone like me who is so acutely aware of how I am perceived, the entire "I don't give a flying duck" attitude is more foreign than the language.

I can't wait to go back and learn more!

No comments: